You probably might have heard that your friend’s facebook account got hacked! That might not be a good news to hear if that was your own account. Here are a few measures you can take to prevent your facebook account from getting hacked. Remember, Prevention is better than cure.
Secure your password
- Create a strong password
- Never share your password with anybody
- Change your password regularly, in 2-3 months
- Don’t use same password for different accounts
Update your facebook security settings
- Add a secondary email address
- Add your mobile number
- Enable login notifications
- Add trusted contacts
- Disconnect previously active sessions
- Regularly check and update facebook security settings page
Use your facebook account carefully
- Don’t click on unknown/spam links.
- Don’t accept requests from strangers
- Never share your private information publicly on your timeline
- Never use harsh words when commenting on other’s posts.
- Unfriend or block people who regularly bully you.
- Logout after use unless you don’t share your device with anybody
Secure the device from which you use facebook
- Install an antivirus program & update it regularly
- Use private browsing feature(incognito) in your browser
- Update your browser software regularly
- Never login from public places like internet cafe.
Taking these measures will surely make your facebook account much more safer. It will be difficult for hacker to hack your account, but that doesn’t mean impossible. Theoretically, nothing on the web is perfectly secure.
You should also remember that this is not an ultimate list of security measures. There may be a lot more measures you can take to secure your facebook account. If you think anything is missing from this list, i welcome you to comment it below, and i’ll update this list.